Not a fan of salads? Don’t worry, this is not a typical salad. This simple, yet delicious High Protein Vegan Salad is hearty and oh-so-tasty.
This is a great meal for those warm summer days when you want to eat something fresh and satisfying at the same time. Lentils, peas, quinoa and pumpkin seeds are fiber-rich, nutrient-dense and a great source of plant-based protein! Plus, they complement each other really well. Arugula, tomatoes and onions add a delightful freshness to the mix, and the golden raisins, a bit of sweetness. The result is chewy, juicy and crunchy at the same time. SO GOOD!
I used my nutrient-packed pesto as a dressing here and the outcome is nothing short of amazing. This pesto comes together in just five minutes. If you haven’t tried it yet, now is the time. Trust me, it’s delicious. But if you don’t feel like making it yourself, you can use your favorite store-bought version.
High Protein Vegan Salad
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils - about ⅓ cup + 1 Tbsp of dry lentils*
- 1 cup peas
- 2 Tbsp uncooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted**
- 1 small red onion***
- ½ cup small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 handfuls of arugula or mizuna or a mix of both, chopped
- 2 Tbsp golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp homemade or store-bought pesto****
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To cook the quinoa, rinse well, add it to a small saucepan and cover it with lots of water. Bring it to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes; until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine pesto and lemon juice in a big bowl. Add the rest of the salad ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss to combine.