Who thinks the dressing is the key to a good salad? I do. Dressings are not only yum, they are also magical. They have the power to turn a boring salad into the most amazing meal. Plus, dressings can be loaded with nutrients.
I’m a salad dressing addict. If you are anything like me, next time you are in the mood for a tangy, healthy vinaigrette, don’t buy one, try making this apple cider dressing instead. SO FULL OF THE GOOD STUFF. Store-bought dressings are usually more expensive and loaded with unwanted ingredients. And did you know making your own is super easy? I usually crave creamy, luscious, tahini dressings. Tahini makes everything better (who’s with me?); though I must admit lighter, fresher salads work better with lighter, more acidic dressings, like a good old vinaigrette.
This apple cider vinaigrette is one of my go-to dressings. It’s DELICIOUS, super QUICK and it lasts for a whole week in the fridge. It is perfect for one of those lazy nights when all you want to do is throw some random veggies in a huge bowl and drizzle them with something awesome. It will add tons of flavor and nutritional value to your salad.
Favorite Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- ¼ Cup + 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives, optional (but so good!)
- Place all ingredients, except chives, in a high-speed blender and blend for a few seconds, until smooth and creamy. Add chives, if using, and stir with a spoon.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Enjoy on your favorite salad!