These are the perfect mix between a cookie, a macaroon and a bliss ball. Couldn’t decide on a name, and I seem to be lacking creativity right now, so I’m calling them Almond Coconut Cookie Balls. At least for now. But, don’t let the (not so fun) name fool you because these little balls are crazy good. Even my dad loved these, so I’m guessing everyone will (even junk-food lovers).
These cookie balls are golden and slightly crunchy on the outside, soft and almost fudgy on the inside. They taste a little bit like caramel, a little bit like coconut and a little bit nutty. So yes, they are AWESOME.
I like to dip them in chocolate, but you can drizzle them if you want a fancier look. Or you can skip the chocolate, either way, these taste amazing. It’s hard to believe they are 100% plant-based, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, grain-free, paleo and so delicious. Plus, they take less than 30 minutes to make from start to finish, so easy and quick!
These cookies are a great healthy snack or dessert. I even have these for breakfast, why not? They are nourishing and so yum, even your kids will love this wholesome treat.
If you try these, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below, we love hearing from you. We really do!
Almond Coconut Cookie Balls
- 1 cup almonds
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup dates
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut nectar - or maple syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 40 gr. or 1.5 oz 70% chocolate
- ½ tsp coconut butter - or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F / 180 °C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add almonds to a food processor and process until you reach a coarse flour consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it looks rather smooth and sticky.
- Form 20 small balls with your hands and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until golden and a little crisp. Let them cool down.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate with the coconut butter. Mix.
- Dip the balls in the melted chocolate. Or drizzle them with a spoon (if you choose to drizzle them you are going to need about half the amount of chocolate). Your choice.
- Wait until the chocolate settles and enjoy these tasty treats!
- You can store them in an airtight container for 5 days (or keep them in the freeze for a couple of months), although they taste a lot better when eaten straight away.