A caffeine-free latte that tastes like caramel heaven. Healthy, yet seriously indulgent.
I’ve been trying to limit my caffeine intake lately, just to see how it feels. And this delicious Carob Latte is making my day a thousand times better. I miss my oat milk lattes, I really do, but I have to be honest with you, I think this cozy, caramelly drink tastes better than coffee. There, I’ve said it. Who knew carob lattes would become my new addiction?
Have you tried this amazing food? I love love love carob, and no, it doesn’t taste like chocolate. To me, carob tastes a little bit like toasted caramel, SO GOOD. If you haven’t tried carob yet, give this magical food a chance, it’s delicious in pretty much everything: smoothies, cakes, cookies, sauces and, of course, this yummy latte. Carob is also very good for you, you can read more about it here.
And unlike chocolate, carob is CAFFEINE-FREE. That means you can have this comforting latte at any time of the day, don’t worry, it won’t keep you up at night. I also added spices and a little maca (a great adaptogen, you can read more about it here) for some extra flavor and OMG, it’s incredibly delicious.
I hope you give this dreamy drink a try. If you do, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below, we love hearing from you!
Dreamy Carob Latte
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 2 tsp carob powder
- ½ tsp maca powder
- ½ tsp coconut sugar, optional - carob is already pretty sweet
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 star anise
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add milk, vanilla, coconut sugar and star anise to a small saucepan. Bring to a low simmer and maintain for 10 minutes, allow the flavors to develop.
- Remove the star anise and pour the mixture into a heat-resistant blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high for a few seconds. Serve.
- Enjoy this cozy sweet latte.