Easy and insanely delicious Vegan Aquafaba Garlic Mayo.
Don’t throw away the liquid -or brine- from a can of chickpeas, AKA aquafaba. Trust me, it’s pure gold. It’s an excellent egg replacer and you can make a ton of recipes with it, from cookies to burgers. But right now my favorite thing to make with aquafaba is this super simple garlic mayo.
This plant-based mayo is so creamy and garlicky I want to spread it on everything. It’s especially delicious on burgers, potato salads and sandwiches. Plus, it looks like real mayo and tastes like real garlic mayo, nobody can tell this is vegan.
All you need is a high-speed blender and six simple ingredients. The best part is, takes less than 2 minutes to make this yummy mayonnaise and it’s a whole lot healthier than any store-bought version. It keeps in the fridge for 10 days.
I like to use extra virgin olive oil for this recipe, it’s the healthiest choice (read more about it here), but olive oil will add some flavor. I personally love that taste, but you can use a mild-tasting oil like sunflower or grapeseed. Olive oil will also solidify a bit in the fridge, so your mayo consistency might change a little, but that’s very easy to fix. Just give it a good whip with a spoon to get it all nice and creamy again.
If you try this easy Vegan Aquafaba Garlic Mayo, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below. We love hearing from you!
Vegan Aquafaba Garlic Mayo
- ¼ cup aquafaba - the liquid (brine) from a can of chickpeas
- 1 small-medium garlic clove
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ - ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil* - see notes
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender except the oil. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the blender cup or lid and slowly stream in the oil while blending. Very slowly, this is the key to a thick, creamy mayo. The mixture will thicken gradually.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- Now go make some oven-baked fries and enjoy!