My Favorite Tofu Scramble is packed with nutrients and flavor. It’s super QUICK and super DELICIOUS!
I love tofu scrambles, they are so versatile and such an easy breakfast, lunch or dinner option. This is my go-to recipe, I truly love the texture and flavor combo and I hope you love it too! It’s got juicy veggies, tasty herbs, healing spices, plant-based protein, good-for-the-gut fiber and a little bit of heat (but you can leave it out if you are not into spicy food).
It’s made with SIMPLE, WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS. The best kind of meal. I like to serve it with avocado toasts on the side, but it’s also delicious with oven-baked potatoes, sautéed mushrooms or any other veggie of choice.
The Recipe serves 1, so double it if you’ve got company!
If you try this colorful meal, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below. We love hearing from you!
Favorite Tofu Scramble
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 big garlic clove
- ¼ cup finely chopped red pepper
- 4 oz firm tofu - 125 grams
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp Kala namak - also called black salt*
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 - 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk, optional
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup peas
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sriracha, omit if you don't like spicy food
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices of rye or GF bread - toasted if preferred
- ½ avocado, chopped or mashed with a fork
- Use a tofu press or simply wrap the tofu in a clean towel and place something heavy (like a couple of books) on top to press out excess water. After 5-10 minutes, crumble with your hands or mash it with a fork.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and red pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tofu, spices, Kala namak and nutritional yeast and cook for another 3 minutes; always stirring to keep the spices from burning. If it starts to stick to the bottom add 1 or 2 Tbps of unsweetened almond milk. If not, skip it.
- Stir in the tomatoes and peas. Cook for 2 more minutes, until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Turn off the heat and add the parsley and sriracha. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!