These Peach-Ginger Overnight Oats are fruity, creamy, super fresh and CRAZY DELICIOUS. They’re quickly becoming one of my favorite breakfasts. They’re nourishing, filling, a little bit sweet and a little bit zesty. SO GOOD.
To make these I simmer the peaches with freshly grated ginger until soft and fragrant. I then divide that beautiful compote into two jars and top it with a layer of almond butter and coconut nectar. Finally, I add the oats and chia seeds combo, which I combined with golden raisins and a little lemon zest and OMG. So much flavor! One big spoonful of all those yummy layers and I’m addicted.
Overnight Oats are the perfect breakfast for busy mornings. Satisfying, delicious and full of the good stuff. They’re high in fiber, protein-rich and loaded with healthy fats. You can make them the day before and grab them in the morning on your way out to work.
If you try it, let us know what you think. Leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog, we love hearing from you!
PEACH-GINGER OVERNIGHT OATS
- ¾ cup rolled oats, use gluten-free, if necessary
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp golden raisins
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 ½ cup peaches, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- Extra drizzle of coconut nectar or maple syrup
- Toasted pecans, chopped
- Goji berries
- Combine all the oats ingredients in a small/medium bowl. Give the mixture a good stir and let it sit in the fridge overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
- Add water, peaches, ginger and coconut sugar to a small pan. Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, until really soft and mushy.
- Mash the peaches with a wooden spoon or fork, they should fall apart quite easily. Or you could use an immersion blender.
- Let the compote cool at room temperature. Then assemble the jars or store in the fridge.
- You can do this the night before, so when you wake up the next morning your breakfast is good to go. Or you can throw everything together that same morning. Your call.
- Divide the peach-ginger compote into 2 glass jars.
- Add a Tbsp of almond butter to each jar.
- Add a drizzle of coconut nectar or maple syrup to each jar.
- Divide the oats-chia seeds combo into the 2 jars.
- Top with toasted pecans and goji berries.
- Enjoy right away or close the jar and store in the fridge. It will keep in the fridge for 4 - 5 days.