This salad is not only vibrant and pretty; it is The Best Tomato Salad I’ve ever had. I know it may look simple and boring, and yes, it is simple, but trust me, this salad is definitely NOT boring. It’s so fresh and flavorful!
I love tomatoes, cherry tomatoes are one of my favorite snacks. But as amazing as they are, they can taste even better. Yes! A few basic ingredients turn humble tomatoes into this INCREDIBLY TASTY SIDE. Feel like turning this fuss-free salad into a meal. Add cold pasta, quinoa, chickpeas or rice to make a truly delicious and satisfying dish. Or spread a good amount of hummus on a toasty slice of sourdough bread, top it with this yummy tomato salad and enjoy a lovely bruschetta! So many possibilities. And still, it’s quite perfect on its own.
This salad is fresh, crunchy, juicy, a little tart and a little sweet. It’s the perfect mixture of flavors and textures. And I hope you love it as much as we do.
Feel like giving this beautiful salad a try? If you do, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below, we love hearing from you!
The Best Tomato Salad
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved - I used a mixture of red and yellow
- ½ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 10 big basil leaves, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup dates, finely chopped (the size of a raisin)
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, finely chopped*
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
3 INGREDIENT DRESSING
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Place sliced onion and garlic cloves in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for ten minutes while you prepare the rest. Then drain and rinse with cold water. Bye-bye pungent taste, hello delicious mild flavor.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a big bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add all salad ingredients to that big bowl, including the onion and garlic cloves. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Enjoy this fresh and vibrant salad!