This Creamy Matcha Smoothie is delicious, refreshing and so nourishing!
Are you a matcha lover or a hater? I was a hater, then I discovered I was buying poor-quality matcha. And once I tried a good matcha powder, everything changed! Matcha taste should be mild, balanced, earthy and a bit sweet, it shouldn’t taste strong and unpleasant like a glass of muddy grass. So before you give up on matcha, try buying a different brand. It might be pricier, but it’s so worth it. Matcha is not only delicious, it has so many health benefits. It’s packed with antioxidants and can help support your metabolism, your heart and your brain. Want to know more about matcha’s amazing power? Check out this link.
And if you are still not feeling the love, this smoothie might change your mind. It’s SUPER CREAMY, FILLING AND A LITTLE SWEET. It’s pure heaven and it’s very nourishing at the same time. It has fruits, dark leafy greens, full-of-fiber oats and healthy fats. It’s incredibly satisfying and the most perfect way to start your day!
If you try this yummy drink, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below. We love hearing from you!
Creamy Matcha Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium/big frozen banana, sliced*
- 1 big handful of spinach**
- 2 Tbsp oats
- 1 Tbsp cashew butter - can sub tahini
- 1 - 2 tsp premium matcha powder
- 1 tsp coconut nectar or maple syrup, optional
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.