These Orange Chocolate Chunk Cookies are super easy to make and OH-SO-DELICIOUS.
Looking for an awesome cookie recipe?! Then you are in the right place! These cookies are crunchy on the outside, a bit soft on the inside and they taste like orange-chocolate heaven. Yes, they’re plant-based. Yes, they’re wholesome. Yes, they’re really simple. But they also happen to be one of the most delicious cookies I’ve had. My family devoured these cookies in a matter of minutes. And no, they are not vegans. And no, they weren’t looking for a healthy-ish treat. They just wanted to eat a good cookie, and they thought these were PERFECTION!
Orange – Chocolate is one of my all-time favorite combos. If you are a fan of this tasty combination, then you are going to LOVE these cookies as much as I do. You need less than 10 minutes to prepare this plant-based treat, and 12 minutes to bake it. That means you could be enjoying a big Orange Chocolate Chunk Cookie in less than 30 minutes.
They are super addictive; so be warned!
If you try this recipe, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below. We love hearing from you!
Orange Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 3 Tbsp mild-tasting olive oil, plus more for greasing the pan - coconut or sunflower oil should also work
- 1 Tbsp almond butter*
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1.5 oz - 45 grams chocolate, roughly chopped - I used 70% chocolate (can sub chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F / 180 °C.
- Grease a baking sheet with a little oil.
- Add all wet ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk until combined and set aside while you prep the rest. Ground flaxseeds will absorb some of the moisture and the mixture might thicken a little.
- Mix all dry ingredients, except the chocolate, in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Gently stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chunks and gently mix until the chocolate is evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Use your hands to shape the dough into 6 - 8 balls. Flatten the balls just a little with the palm of your hands and place them on the prepared baking sheet leaving 2 to 3 inches (5 – 8 cm) of space between each cookie, they will spread out as they bake!
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes or until the edges are starting to slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes. They will still be soft, but they’ll become firmer as they cool down. After 10 minutes you can transfer them to a rack.