Healthy, hearty and delicious Roasted Veggie Bowls with a scrumptious Tahini-White Wine Vinegar dressing.
These bowls are a great, satisfying meal. They are loaded with veggies, high in fiber, and have a healthy dose of plant-based protein (from the chickpeas, quinoa and tahini). Best of all, they are super tasty and I can promise you everyone will love them. I know this because John devours them every time I make them, and when a junk food lover finds one of your wholesome recipes irresistible, then you know it’s a good one.
These veggie bowls have roasted carrots, new potatoes and, nutrition powerhouse, broccoli. There’s also fresh spinach -because you can never have too much spinach if you ask me-, crunchy chickpeas and lemony quinoa. All topped with a luscious tahini dressing. The mix of textures and flavors is incredible and I hope you love these bowls as much as we do!
If you try these yummy Roasted Veggie Bowls, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below. We love hearing from you!
Roasted Veggie Bowls
ROASTED VEGETABLES AND CHICKPEAS:
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 1½ cup new potatoes, halved or quartered (depending on their size)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- Big pinch of sea salt
TAHINI-WHITE WINE VINEGAR DRESSING:
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cococnut nectar or maple syrup
- Big pinch of sea salt
- 2 big handfuls of spinach, choppped
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F / 190 °C.
- Place chopped vegetables and chickpeas on a baking tray. Add oil and spices and use your hands (or a big spoon) to mix everything up. Make sure the veggies are well coated.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, stir and roast for another 15-20 minutes. Until the vegetables are cooked: tender with beautiful brown edges.
- While the vegetables are in the oven, cook the quinoa.
- Rinse well, add it to a small saucepan and cover it with lots of water. Bring it to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes; until tender.
- Drain the quinoa and combine it with the chives, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt.
- Place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Divide spinach, quinoa and roasted veggies between to bowls. Drizzle each bowl with half the dressing.