These Spicy GF Crackers are seedy, perfectly crisp and SO INCREDIBLY FLAVORFUL.
They are so simple you’ll never buy boxed crackers again. Roughly ten minutes to prepare and just 12 minutes in the oven. So yes, my friend, you could be having healthy, delicious, gluten-free, homemade crackers in LESS THAN 20 MINUTES.
I used a combination of chickpea flour, oat flour and tapioca starch, as a result, they are naturally high in plant-based protein and SUPER TASTY. Seeds are a nice addition and chili flakes make them extra special. This flavorful treat is the perfect companion to a big bowl of hummus! Although I mostly eat them on their own as a savory snack because I love that crispy texture and spicy taste so much!
If you try this recipe, let us know what you think. Leave a comment or tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog, we love hearing from you!
SPICY GLUTEN-FREE CRACKERS
- ¾ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup oat flour, GF if necessary
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, I used a mix of black and brown
- ¾ - 1 tsp chili flakes
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C.
- Mix all dry ingredients (except water and oil) in a big bowl.
- Add water and oil and stir to combine. The dough should be a little dry and crumbly. That’s ok, just use your hands to form a large ball.
- Place the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper, then lay another sheet of parchment paper on top. Use a rolling pin to evenly roll out the dough into a thin rectangle/circle. (I actually skip the parchment paper and roll out the dough right on the counter, it doesn’t stick; but if you don’t want to risk it, parchment paper works great. Your call!)
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper (if using) and use a knife to cut the dough into small squares.
- Use a spatula to transfer the crackers to a baking sheet (no need for oil or parchment paper, they won’t stick), make sure they are not touching each other so they bake evenly.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until slightly golden. Remove from the oven, cool down and enjoy!
- Store them in an air-tight container for up to 1 a week (though they are so good, they won’t last that long!).