I believe dressings are magical. They can turn a boring salad or plain roasted veggies into the most delicious meal. And they can be super nourishing too. Like this dreamy, Creamy Cashew Dressing.
This beautiful silky dressing is EASY, HEALTHY and FLAVORFUL. It’s oil-free, so if you are on an oil-free diet this would be perfect, but it’s indulgent and appetizing thanks to its main ingredient: soaked cashews.
Soaking the cashews is important if you want to create a thick and creamy dressing, better yet, soaking nuts makes them more nutritious. Yes, that’s correct. You’ll be able to absorb all of their nutty goodness. You can read more about why you should soak nuts and seeds here.
This dressing also features apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic and dates. It will add a lot of flavor and nutritional value to your meal. I’ve been having this creamy dressing on all my salads and buddha bowls lately and, yes, I might be biased, but I think it’s perfect! I love the luscious texture and it tastes amazing. Plus, it keeps for up to ten days in the fridge. So feel free to double the recipe if you are a salad lover, like me.
If you try it, let us know what you think, tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below. We love hearing from you!
Creamy Cashew Dressing
- ⅓ cup cashews - soaked for at least two hours, preferably overnight*
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 medium soft date**
- Drain and rinse the cashews and place them in a high-speed blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. You might need to stop a few times and scrape down the sides.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- Enjoy on your favorite salad!