Calling all pasta lovers! This is a gorgeous one.
Delicious and Creamy Beet Pasta! VEGAN, SIMPLE AND SUPER TASTY. This beautiful pasta is the perfect plant-based dinner. It’s full of the good stuff, but it’s soul-satisfying and indulgent. So creamy and dreamy nobody can really tell it’s a wholesome vegan meal.
Beets have a lot of health benefits. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. And they are anti-inflammatory, good for your heart, your liver (your main detox organ), your digestive system, and your brain. You can read more about beets amazing benefits here.
But beets aren’t the only nourishing ingredient in this recipe. Cashews, nutritional yeast and peas also have some incredible properties.
Alright, enough of the healthy talk, this sauce is easy to make and is freezer friendly. It’s packed with flavor and has a luxurious texture. And did I say it’s really pretty?! Well, I will say it again, because it’s got a lovely vibrant color and is so damn attractive. And there’s something about pretty food that makes you want to devour it! I’m guessing even beet haters could fall in love with this hearty pasta!
Want to make it gluten-free? Use your GF brand of choice. I really like chickpea or brown rice pasta. Though I think farro, spelt or whole wheat work better in this case (but that’s just my opinion).
If you try it, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below, we love hearing from you!
Creamy Beet Pasta
CREAMY BEET SAUCE:
- 1 big beet
- ¼ cup cashews - soaked for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight*
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 servings of whole-grain or GF pasta - (6 ounces – 170 grams)**
- ½ cup cup cooked peas, I used frozen
- 1 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F / 180 °C.
- Wrap the beet in foil and cook for 40 – 50 minutes, until tender. You know it’s ready when you can insert a knife into the center without resistance. Let it cool slightly and peel, the skin should slip right off. (You can steam the beet instead, it cooks faster, but roasting enriches the flavor and color).
- Chop the beet and place it in the blender.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Add them to the blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining it. This is a great trick; the starchy water will add a beautiful silkiness to the sauce.
- In a large pan, heat the sauce over medium heat. It shouldn’t take longer than a minute or two.
- Add cooked pasta and peas and stir. The sauce will get a bit thick, add some of that reserved cooking pasta water, 1 Tbsp at a time, until smooth and silky (you won’t need the whole cup, just a little bit).
- Serve immediately and top with toasted pine nuts.
- Enjoy this vibrant dish!