This Quick Noodle Salad with Almond Butter Dressing is super simple, hearty and SO TASTY!
I’m obsessed with noodle salads. I love the combination of veggies/nuts/herbs with soft, chewy noodles. Plus, they are PACKED WITH SO MUCH FLAVOR!
I kept the ingredient list nutritious and pretty minimal, I love the simplicity and wholesomeness of this dish. But you could add other vegetables like red cabbage or cucumber. This salad also requires very little cooking (just the noodles and edamame) and is served with the most amazing almond butter dressing. The dressing is so good I could eat the whole thing with a spoon. It’s nutty, citrusy, spicy and a little sweet. So yum!
You can make this vegan salad ahead of time and store it in the fridge for later (but don’t add the almonds until you eat it so they don’t get soggy). It will stay fresh for a couple of days, so it’s a good option if you like meal-prepping. And did I mention it is super healthy?! It’s the perfect plant-based meal.
Feel like giving this tasty salad a try? The recipe serves one, so double or triple it if you’ve got company. And don’t forget to tell us what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below, we love hearing from you!
Quick Noodle Salad With Almond Butter Dressing
- 2.5 oz – 70 grams brown rice or soba noodles
- 1 small/medium carrot, julienned*
- 3 Tbsp edamame, cooked
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp toasted almonds, chopped**
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
ALMOND BUTTER DRESSING:
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sriracha
- Cook noodles according to instructions.
- Cook edamame according to instructions.
- In the meantime, make the dressing. Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add cooked noodles, cooked edamame, julienned carrots, chopped parsley, chopped chives, chopped almonds and sesame seeds to a medium bowl. Add almond butter dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy this wholesome bowl!
**If your almonds are raw, place them on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes.