Simple and caffeine-free Iced Turmeric Latte. Made with a lovely blend of spices.
I love turmeric lattes, they’re healthy, yet flavorful and complex. And they have so many health benefits!
Turmeric is an incredibly powerful spice. It has the potential to fight and reverse disease. It’s well known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, but it can also aid in detoxification, work as a natural painkiller and may help protect against certain types of cancer. Want to know more about its amazing healing power, check out this link.
Turmeric lattes (also called golden milk) are made with wonderful healing spices. So yes, they are a tasty little treat, but they’re also really good for you! This iced version is nourishing, takes less than 5 minutes to make and is super refreshing! Don’t forget to add a pinch of black pepper to your latte, you’ll increase curcumin (turmeric’s miracle compound) absorption!
Want to turn this into a creamy smoothie?! Add 1 big frozen banana, I do this a lot and it’s seriously delicious!
I hope you give this dreamy drink a try. If you do, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below, we love hearing from you!
Iced Turmeric Latte
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut nectar - can sub maple syrup
- ¼ - ½ tsp ground turmeric - I use ½ tsp, but it can be quite strong, so start with a ¼ and see how you feel about it
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger - or ¼ tsp of finely grated ginger (I love using fresh ginger)
- Pinch of black pepper*
- Add all ingredients, except the ice, to a high-speed blender and blend until combined. Taste and adjust, add more turmeric for a stronger flavor or coconut nectar for sweetness.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
- Want to turn this into a creamy smoothie?! Add 1 big frozen banana. I do this a lot and it’s seriously delicious!