Dressings are one of my favorite things. They can turn any vegetable into the most delicious meal. Plus, salad dressings are easy to make and can be packed with nutrients too. Like this gorgeous, herby, tangy, Creamy Green Dressing.
This whole-foods, plant-based dressing is super HEALTHY and FLAVORFUL. It’s oil-free (if you are following an oil-free diet, this would be perfect) but it’s indulgent and appetizing thanks to its main ingredient: soaked cashews.
Soaking the cashews is important if you want to create a thick and creamy dressing, better yet, soaking nuts makes them more nutritious. Yes, that’s correct, you’ll be able to absorb all of their nutty goodness. You can read more about why you should soak nuts and seeds here.
This dressing also features white wine vinegar, lemon, garlic, a bit of coconut nectar and fresh herbs. Basil, parsley and chives will add a ton of flavor and nutritional value to this simple salad dressing. Want to know more about the amazing health benefits of using fresh herbs, check out this link.
I’ve been having this vegan creamy green dressing on all my salads and buddha bowls lately and it’s perfect! I love the luscious texture, the beautiful color and the refreshing taste. Plus, it keeps for up to a week in the fridge. So, feel free to double the recipe if you are a salad lover, like me.
If you try it, let us know what you think, tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below. We love hearing from you!
Creamy Green Dressing
- ½ cup cashews - soaked for at least two hours, preferably overnight*
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup basil
- ⅓ cup parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives – measured after chopping
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar – could try substituting with apple cider vinegar, though I haven’t tried it this way
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 garlic clove
- Drain and rinse the cashews and place them in a high-speed blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. You might need to stop a few times and scrape down the sides.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Enjoy on your favorite salad or buddha bowl!