Looks like a rich, decadent, creamy chocolate mousse. It’s not. It’s way healthier. It’s a blended chia pudding that tastes like a rich, decadent, creamy chocolate mousse. The best part is, you don’t have to wait for the chia seeds to soak up the liquid. You can blend it and eat it right away. How come I’ve never tried this before?!? It’s awesome and I’m never making traditional chia pudding again. Okay, never say never.
This Blended Chocolate Chia Pudding is the perfect meal for your busy mornings. You can make it in five minutes or prepare it the night before. It will last for about 5 days in the fridge.
Chia pudding might be one of the most nutritious breakfast choices. It’s so filling and nourishing. Chia seeds are protein-rich, fiber-rich, high in vitamins and minerals, high in antioxidants and loaded with omega 3’s. One bowl of these magical seeds and you’ll start your morning with a ton of energy! But don’t let all this healthy talk fool you, this blended chocolate chia pudding is so smooth, sweet and lush it can be a delicious dessert or snack. Sounds fancy, but it’s super simple and delicious.
If you try this yummy plant-based breakfast, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below, we love hearing from you!
Blended Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 shot of espresso – about ¼ cup*
- ½ cup dates, tightly packed
- 6 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp tahini – can sub almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- More tahini or almond butter
- Banana slices
- Toasted hazelnuts
- Cacao nibs
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend on high for about a minute, until the seeds disappear completely and the pudding is smooth and creamy. Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes and blend again.
- Transfer to a bowl or jar and eat right away or chill in the fridge for an hour or two (it will get even thicker if you leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours).
- Serve with bananas, tahini, chopped hazelnuts and cacao nibs.