Like a hug in a bowl.
This comforting Sweet Potato, Coconut and White Bean Soup is so hearty and flavorful.
I love that this vegan soup is loaded with filling, delicious, fiber-rich plants; it’s jam-packed with health benefits and it will keep you full for hours. I always enjoy a sweet potato – coconut combo, and white beans were just a wonderful, protein-rich addition. I also added some great-tasting spices and a splash of lemon juice and the result is so damn tasty!
Wanna get cozy with a healthy bowl of soup?! If you try it, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below. We love hearing from you!
Sweet Potato, Coconut and White Bean Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 big carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 15 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 15 oz can of white beans, drained and rinsed – or 1 ½ cup of cooked white beans
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 5 slices of toasted sourdough bread
- Chopped parsley
- More lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add paprika, coriander and chili flakes and sauté for another minute.
- Add sweet potatoes and carrot and stir until the vegetables are well coated in the oil and spices.
- Add tomatoes, water (or vegetable broth), coconut milk and sea salt. Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Simmer, for 15 – 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer 2 - 3 cups of chunky soup to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour the creamy mixture back into the pot and stir.
- Add white beans and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add lemon juice. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with chopped parsley and a nice slice of crusty sourdough.
- Enjoy this cozy soup!