I absolutely love noodle salads, they’re easy to make, filling and so damn tasty! Plus, you can make them in less than 15 minutes. Yaaaaay for simple and quick meals like this one!
The combination of raw veggies, crunchy nuts, fresh herbs and chewy noodles always hits the spot. I usually use whatever vegetables I have in the fridge, but here’s a really delicious combo: carrot, cucumber, red cabbage and a creamy peanut butter-lime dressing that’s packed with so much flavor.
This salad is fresh, crunchy, chewy and crazy delicious! It’s also vegan, healthy and meal-prep-friendly. Oh yes, and it requires minimal cooking, just soaking/boiling the noodles. What’s not to love?! It’s the perfect wholefoods plant-based meal. And I promise you are going to be making this one on repeat!
You can make this vegan salad ahead of time and store it in the fridge for later (but don’t add the peanuts until you eat it so they don’t get soggy). It will stay fresh for a couple of days.
Like this recipe? Then you are also going to love my Quick Noodle Salad with Almond Butter Dressing and Edamame.
If you try this cold noodle salad, tell us what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below, we love hearing from you!
Easy Noodle Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
- 5 oz – 140 grams of brown rice noodles
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, julienned*
- 1 small cucumber, julienned – discard the seed core
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp toasted peanuts, chopped**
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
PEANUT BUTTER DRESSING:
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ - 1 tsp sriracha, optional
- Cook noodles according to instructions. I soak mine in hot water for 7 – 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, prep the vegetables and make the peanut butter dressing.
- To make the creamy dressing place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Once the noodles are done, place cooked noodles, cabbage, carrot, cucumber, chives, peanuts and sesame seeds in a big bowl. Add peanut butter dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy this wholesome bowl!
**If your peanuts are raw, place them on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes.