Easy and insanely delicious Homemade Ketchup. It’s tangy, it’s sweet, it’s bursting with tomato flavor. So good you are going to stop shopping for ketchup.
I can’t have fries without a good ketchup. No ketchup, no fries. And I’m super picky when it comes to ketchup. So, when I say this is the best ketchup I’ve ever had, it means this ketchup recipe is damn good.
Why make your own ketchup?! Because store-bought ketchup is often loaded with ingredients that are bad for your health. And even though I always bought organic ketchup, organic ketchup still has a lot of sugar. So, I’ve been wanting to come up with a good ketchup recipe for so long. After a few failed trials, I’m happy to say, this is the best ketchup I’ve ever had. It’s sweetened with fruit (dates), high in fiber and packed with nutrients. This ketchup is not only delicious, but it’s actually good for you.
This homemade ketchup is so easy to make. Just blend the ingredients, transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook on low heat for 50 – 60 minutes. It’s vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and sugar-free.
If you try this Homemade Ketchup recipe, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog or leave a comment below. We love hearing from you!
Homemade Ketchup – No Added Sugar
- 1 14 oz or 400 grams can of diced tomatoes - make sure it’s just tomatoes
- ⅓ cup dates - I used Deglet Noor
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the tomato mixture into a medium saucepan, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 50 – 60 minutes. Stir the mixture every 10 minutes to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Once it’s thick, remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Now go make some oven-baked fries and enjoy!
- You can store this homemade ketchup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 – 3 weeks.