Olives are such a great snack!
My love for olives started when I met John. I did not like them before; I actually hated them and thought they ruined everything they touched. So overpowering! I still don’t like super salty or strong-tasting olives. But I do love the mild-tasting ones. Especially when paired with other flavors. And I have to say this combination is one of my favorites! The sweetness from the oranges, the delicate tartness from the lemons and the oh-so-delicious fennel seeds get along INCREDIBLY GOOD in this little recipe. Just 5 ingredients! Simple, yet so YUMMY.
Looking for a way to take olives to the next level? This might be it! Enjoy them as a tasty snack or surprise your guests with this effortless (yet fancy-looking) appetizer.
If you try this recipe, let us know what you think. Leave a comment or tag us on Instagram @mondaydreamsblog, we love hearing from you!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp finely grated orange zest, tightly packed
- ¼ tsp finely grated lemon zest, tightly packed
- 1 ½ cup olives
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add fennel seeds and stir for about 1 or 2 minutes, until fragrant and slightly toasted. Be careful not to burn them!
- Add orange and lemon zest and keep stirring for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and add the olives (carefully, the oil is hot and it can splatter). Give it a good stir.
- Let them cool at room temperature and serve. If you store them in the fridge, the olive oil will solidify; so make sure you take them out a couple of minutes before serving.