Who else is addicted to hummus? I am, I can eat creamy dips every single day. But I like to mix things up, play with different flavors, so this super tasty classic never gets boring. Today I’m sharing John’s favorite version: roasted red bell pepper hummus. This tiny recipe adaptation packs SO MUCH FLAVOR, your taste buds are going to be HAPPY.
This nourishing and protein-rich dip is a great party snack, easy to make and a real crowd-pleaser. Serve this dreamy hummus with crackers, chopped veggies or your favorite bread. Delicious on sandwiches and burgers. Plus, it has an extra veggie, and that is always a good thing.
If you try it, let us know what you think. Tag us on Instagram or leave a comment below, we love hearing from you!
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1.5 cup cooked chickpeas - or a 15oz - 400g can, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¾ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp coconut nectar*
- Preheat the oven at 350 °F / 180 °C.
- Cut the red bell pepper in half, remove the stem and seeds and brush the skin with a little bit of olive oil.
- Place the bell pepper and the two cloves of garlic (unpeeled) in a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes and remove the garlic cloves. Let the bell pepper roast for another 20 – 25 minutes, until the skin is bubbly and burned in a few spots.
- Take the bell pepper out of the oven, place it in a bowl and put a big plate on top (you could also use plastic wrap, but there´s something about the plastic-heat combo that I don’t like). This will steam the bell pepper and make it easier to peel. Let it cool down like that. Once cold, remove and discard the skin.
- While the red bell pepper cools down, peel the garlic cloves and toss them in the food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Process for a few seconds.
- Add the red bell pepper’s flesh and continue processing until smooth and creamy. Taste, and adjust seasoning.
- Grab some crackers and enjoy!