Not a fan of salads? Don´t worry, this is not your typical one. This vegan salad is hearty and flavorful.
Simple, yet DELICIOUS.
This salad is great for those summer days when you want to eat something fresh and satisfying at the same time. Lentils, peas, quinoa and pumpkin seeds are fiber-rich and nourishing; and a great source of plant-based protein! Plus, they complement each other really well. Arugula, tomatoes and onions add some delightful freshness to the mix, and the golden raisins, a bit of sweetness. The result is chewy, juicy and crunchy at the same time. SO GOOD!
I used my nutrient-packed pesto as a dressing here and the outcome is nothing short of amazing. This pesto comes together in just five minutes. If you haven’t tried it yet, now is the time, my friend. Trust me, it is extraordinary. But if you don’t feel like making it yourself, you can use your favorite store-bought version.
Protein-Packed Vegan Salad
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils - about ⅓ cup + 1 Tbsp of dry lentils*
- 1 cup peas
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa - about 1 ½ Tbsp of uncooked quinoa**
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted***
- 1 small red onion****
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 handfuls arugula, chopped
- 2 Tbsp golden raisins, optional (but delicious!)
- 2 Tbsp homemade or store-bought pesto*****
- ½ lemon, juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the salad ingredients in a medium bowl, including the pesto and the lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss to combine.